What is the Business Walk Program?
The Cranbrook Chamber of Commerce the City of Cranbrook's Economic Development Department, Community Futures East Kootenay and other partners are conducting the fourth annual "Cranbrook Business Walk
" Tuesday June 25th
The purpose of the business walk is to ensure individual business owners and managers have the opportunity to meet with the business and civic leadership who have the ability to act on their behalf and to help foster a prosperous business climate in the City of Cranbrook. The “walk” is also a celebration of local businesses and entrepreneurship.
The Chamber will collate the responses to generate a simple, easy-to-read report that decision makers can use to help strengthen their local businesses. In addition, this information will provide guidance to those within the sphere of influence to affect change to advance our community and make it a great place to conduct business.
How does a Business Walk Work?
Business Walks involves the multi organization partnership organizing teams to canvass local business corridors. The team will conduct a brief interview and include a series of simple questions.
Why do a Business Walk?
- To understand the issues facing the local business community
- To build working relationships between decision makers and local businesses
- To celebrate and promote local businesses
- To provide businesses with resources and assistance
Why Businesses Should Participate in a Business Walk
The benefit of business walks is that individual business owners and managers have the opportunity to meet with the business and civic leadership of Cranbrook who have the ability to act on their behalf to ensure a prosperous business climate.
- Enables the Cranbrook Chamber and the City of Cranbrook's Economic Development department to take the business pulse of the business community and communicate successes and obstacles in doing business in Cranbrook
- Allows the ability to track the business pulse over time to gauge the business climate, thus impacting program development and messaging
- Catalyst of establishing contact with individual business to identify companies who require follow up and one on one assistance. e.g. Identification of second stage growth companies who require assistance for growth, risk of downsizing etc.
A Business Walk is about making connections with businesses in our community at their place of business. This program will provide an excellent opportunity for community leadership to listen to the business community and identify common themes for action while bringing together resources, city services and representatives of the business community for specific action plans that assist business growth and development.