Chamber celebrates Chamber week with Special guests
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
February 18, 2019, Cranbrook, BC. Chamber week is here Feb 18-24th and the Cranbrook Chamber of Commerce is hard at work putting together the final details of their Chamber week luncheon to celebrate the value and relevance the Chamber network brings to the business community. The February 20th Chamber Week themed luncheon will include special guests from the BC Chamber and Chamber Group benefits plan. In addition, representatives from other benefit providers will be on hand to answer questions about the various savings programs available to Chamber members.
Around the province Chambers are celebrating how we’ve shown grit on issues that affect business in our local community. The Cranbrook Chamber is proud to have played a role in advocating over the past year on behalf of members including our efforts through our membership with the BC Chamber and Canadian Chamber which included:
Cranbrook Chamber celebrates Chamber week with special Guests to talk relevance and value.
· Confidence in Canada
- We pushed back against the cumulative effects of new taxes on small to medium businesses, such as the Employer Health Tax
- We asked that PST be removed on machinery, equipment and technology
· Electoral reform
- We cofounded Confidence in Canada, which advocates for getting resource projects built in a timely fashion. This resulted in over 40,000 letters to the Prime Minister.
- We pushed for a clear question and thoughtful and fair process on electoral reform
“Chambers play a critical role for the business community. We are your most powerful ally. Our advocacy and policy work are driven by our desire to see all local Business proposer and grow. Everyday we show up and #showgrit.” Says Kristin Parsons, Executive Director for the Cranbrook Chamber of Commerce.
To learn more about the Cranbrook Chambers advocacy efforts or benefits available to members, come out to the Chamber lunch on Feb 20th or visit our website at www.cranbrookchamber.com
- We moved the dial on ridesharing to get legislation introduced in 2018 and will continue to push to ensure it’s done right.
Kristin Parsons, Executive Director
Cranbrook Chamber of Commerce
250 426 5914 office